Rhubarb Delight Muffins
- 1/2 C. Brown Sugar
- 3/4 C. Demerara Sugar (You could just use 1 1/4 Brown Sugar if you don’t have the Demerara Sugar)
- 1/2 C. Vegetable oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 1/2 C. Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 C. Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 C. Rhubarb (finely diced)
- 1/4 c White Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 Almonds
- 1/2 C. Sugar
- 2 T. Butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Put muffin pants into the muffin tin and spray lightly.
2. Mix the first four ingredients together (the Sugars, Oil and Egg)
3. Add Flour,Baking Soda and Salt all at once.
4. Combine Milk and Vanilla in a measuring cup.
5. Add Milk to the batter and stir until completely mixed.
6. Fold in the diced Rhubarb.
7. Divide the batter evenly amongst the muffin cups. (This recipe made 12 large muffins.) Set aside and make the Topping.
8. In the measuring cup you used for the milk and vanilla melt the butter.
9. Grind the Almonds in a blender or nut mill.
10. Combine the Nuts, Sugar and ground Almonds together in the measuring cup. Add the White Chocolate Chips.
11. Spoon the topping onto the muffins, dividing evenly.
12. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Using the toothpick test to determine if they are done.
13. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring muffins to a cool surface. Let cool for an additional 5 to 10 minutes before you enjoy.
Sorry these muffins aren’t very healthy. I’m going to try to make them again with out so much sugar. But every spring the god’s give us rhubarb and you’ve got to do something with it, right? Your house will smell amazing while these little darlings are baking. And the will power you show by not munching on them the second they come out of the oven will off set the will power you don’t show by indulging in their sweet wonderfulness (maybe twice.)
These are simply fantastic muffins and would make a great dessert.
They are awesome on their own, but if you want the ultimate treat you could add one to a bowl of black cherry ice cream and just go straight to heaven.
- Muffin Monday: Berry White Chocolate Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday! Fruit Buckwheat Muffins (Vegan?) (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday! Bread Pudding Muffins
- Muffin Monday Banana Granola Chocolate Chip(ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday Almond Cranberry Muffins
- Muffin Monday Raisin Muffins
- Muffin Monday Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Almond Muffins
- Muffin Monday Date Zucchini Orange Muffins
- Best rhubarb muffins recipe ever (nami-nami.blogspot.com)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Muffins (thefauxmartha.com)
- Springtime Rhubarb-Streusel Muffins (dairyfreeswitzerland.wordpress.com)