1 cup of Almond Milk
1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon of Salt
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of Sugar
1 teaspoon Orange Peel
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon Almon Extract
1 cup of Frozen Blueberries
1 cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and prepare muffin tin or muffin cups. I got 8 large muffins from this recipe, and I suspect that it would work for 12 regular sized muffins.
- In a small bowl combine the Almond Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar.
- In a large bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and salt.
- Mix the Sugar, Orange Peel, Vegetable Oil, and Almond Extract in a small bowl or a small liquid measuring cup.
- Add the Almond Milk/Apple Cider Vinegar mixture to the Sugar mixture.
- Mix the liquid into the dry to incorporate, but don’t over mix. It’s O.K. to have some lumps.
- Fold in the Blueberries and Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Divide the batter into the muffin cups.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins pass the toothpick test.
10. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before releasing from the muffin cups and eating.