Just wanted to thank you all for sticking with me through 800 blogs!
Yeah, so I’m LATE again in posting my Muffin Monday post. And, yeah, this isn’t technically a muffin. But if once you (make and) taste this awesome Zucchini Cherry loaf you will totally forgive me.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep 6 mini loaf pans (this recipe also make 24 med. muffins.)
2. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl crack the Eggs and slightly beat them. Add the Oil and Vanilla.
4. Combine the wet with the dry and stir until well mixed. The batter will be on the thick side.
5. Add the Zucchini and Cherries. (This will moisten up the batter considerably.)
6. Divide evenly into the mini loaf pans.
7. Bake for about 1 hour (for mini loaves) or 40 minutes (muffins).
8. Use the toothpick test to judge if the loaves / muffins are done. (I prefer a drier Zucchini bread.)
9. Let cool and enjoy.
Not only do these baked goods taste awesome, but they travel well and are perfect for shipping out to loved ones needing a little TLC from home. The fact that they use up 3 cups of grated Zuke is a total bonus. They are perfect for the squash you’ve left on the vine a bit too long. You know the one’s I’m talking about… the one’s that are roughly the size of small dog?
I’m waiting to get my reviews in from those darlings who received a package from me this week. But I’m confident these Loaves / Muffins will receive two, crumb covered, thumbs up.
Well you’ve done it. You’ve made it to the end. This is the last day for the Summer Writer’s / Creative Challenge. I’ll still be taking submission for another month (indeed I know some of you have not shared your work because you didn’t want to reveal until you finished your story, but now you can take your time and wrap things up.)
Today’s prompt is: FINALE.
It is the penultimate day of the Summer Writer’s Challenge, so if you were thinking to yourself…”Dear God when is this going to be over already!” Fear not, just one more day to go! So hang in there and be creative.
For today’s prompt I take my clue from time spent with my nieces over the weekend…. Today’s prompt is SWEET.
In honor of the Fourth of July weekend today’s prompt it Sparkle.
Whew! It was a hot one out there today. How hot was it? Well I worked for a bit today at the performing art studio. Part of the studio was air conditioned, but I had to retrieve the guitar from a part of the studio where there no classes (and no air) today. When I walked into that room my glasses steamed up. Blah.
Thus inspired I give you today’s Writing prompt: STEAMED
I know today is July 1 and I had planned to only do the Writing / Creative challenge for the month of June, but since I’m running behind, I’ll finish out the 31 days I had planned OK?
Today’s prompt is … LOVE.
Happy Sunday people. If you are still hanging in there on the creative challenge today’s prompt is BRAVE.