- 2 cups of white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup of sugar Truvia
- 4 teaspoons of Just Whites (dry egg whites) [or 1 egg]
- 1/4 cup of Water [don’t add the water if you are using the egg]
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup chopped prunes
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup raisins
- Demerara sugar to garnish
Step One: Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Line muffin tin with muffin pants and spray lightly with cooking spray.
Step Two: In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients. (NOT the raisins)
Step Three: Add all the prunes and wet ingredients to the bowl and mix just enough to incorporate. Batter will be lumpy.
Step Four: Last, but not least, add the raisins.
Step Five: Spoon into muffin tin. Sprinkle Demerara sugar on top of each muffin to garnish.
Step Six: and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven when tops of muffins are golden brown and the muffins pass the toothpick test. Let rest 5 minutes before enjoying.
These were my most dense muffins to date. I liked the addition of the prunes — which let me cut down on the sugar / truvia, but I think I’ll try these with some zucchini to make them a bit lighter next time. They were good, but definitely morn on the dense biscuit side of the biscuit/muffin/cupcake spectrum. I’d be interested to know what you think…
More Muffin Monday madness:
- Muffin Monday! Fruit Buckwheat Muffins (Vegan?) (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday! Zucchini Chocolate Almond (Vegan?) (ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)
- Muffin Monday! Date Zucchini Orange Muffins (ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)