I was debating what kind of muffins to make today. I had peaches from the market, and I wanted to see how they’d pair with cranberries … and then I thought… why not lets add some dark chocolate chips.
- 1 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup hot Water
- 1 cup diced fresh Peaches
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup softened Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tea Salt
- 3/4 Tea Baking Soda
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin cups.
2. Put the Dried Cranberries into the water and let soak for 5 minutes.
Drain the cranberries and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the softened Butter and Sugar, then add the Egg. Work until the batter is smooth.
4. In a large measuring cup combine the Sour Cream and Skim Milk.Add it to the Batter.
5. In a smaller bowl measure out the flour, Salt and Baking Soda. Stir to combine, then add it to the batter.
6. Gently stir the Cranberry and Peach into the batter.
7. Fold in 3/4 cup of Chocolate Chips. (Reserve the rest of the chips for the next step.) (OK you can eat one chip, but don’t tell anybody.)
8. Divide evenly into muffin cups (my batter actually made 13 muffins.) Divide the remaining Chocolate chips and place on top of the muffins.
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes until tops are golden brown and the toothpick test confirms that they are done.
10. Take out of the oven and let rest 5 minutes before removing from muffin cups. Since these have Chocolate Chips on the top let them cool another 5 minutes before eating.
I think the Peach/Cranberry combination is a hit. And the Dark Chocolate is an extra bonus.
- Muffin Monday: Peaches, Strawberry and Cream (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Blueberry Cornbread (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday Banana Cherry Muffins DF (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Delightful Blueberry Muffins(farmhousecookingwithatwist.typepad.com)
- Cappuccino Muffins (brownbeanbuzz.com)
- Fresh Blueberry Muffins (brit.co)
- Blueberry Muffins (exoduschiropractic.me)
- Boysenberry Muffins (theforgottengoji.wordpress.com)
- Blueberry Almond Muffins (Gluten Free) (girlfriendscoffeehour.com)
- Muffin Monday: Ginger Molasses Mufin (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Loaded Carrot Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Berry White Chocolate Muffins(ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Dried Plum, Date, Citrus Muffins(ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)
- Muffin Monday: Rhubarb Delight Muffins
- Muffin Monday! Fruit Buckwheat Muffins (Vegan?)(ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday! Bread Pudding Muffins
- Muffin Monday Banana Granola Chocolate Chip(ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday Almond Cranberry Muffins
- Muffin Monday Raisin Muffins
- Muffin Monday Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Almond Muffins
- Muffin Monday Date Zucchini Orange Muffins
- Christchurch-Style Pumpkin and Choc Muffins (sustainabilitywench.wordpress.com)
- School Holiday Choc-Chip Banana Muffins (littlekitchendiaries.com)
July 15th, 2013 at 8:21 pm
Thank you for including a link! Much appreciated. Like the idea of “Muffin Monday!”
July 16th, 2013 at 12:59 am
Which recipe is yours, the banana or the pumpkin — both sound awesome and I can’t wait to give them a try.
July 22nd, 2013 at 1:24 pm
thanks for the link, rita! these look yummy! ❤
July 22nd, 2013 at 9:03 pm
Thanks Coleen! Just pulled today’s out of the oven== Blueberry, Lemon, Zuchinni yummmmmmm.