With a name like Ginger Molasses Muffins you’ve got to expect a powerful amount of sass in the flavor profile arena, and these muffins don’t disappoint. The only thing I found misleading is that they look incredibly chocolatey, which they are not. Still, they are so flavorful I doubt you’ll miss the chocolate.
Ginger Molasses Muffins
- 3/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs slightly beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Blackstrap Molasses
- 1/2 cup Pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 medium Zucchinni, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prep 18 muffin cups with a light coating of cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl add the ingredients one at time in order. Mix after each addition.
3. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test with the toothpick test — if a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean they are done.
5. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
6. Remove from muffin cups and cool an additional 5 minutes before enjoying.
Taster Maggie S. called them the “perfect rainy day muffin” and said “these muffins are so good I ate a second one without seeking permission!”
- Muffin Monday: Berry White Chocolate Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Loaded Carrot Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Dried Plum, Date, Citrus Muffins (ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)
- Muffin Monday: Rhubarb Delight Muffins
- Muffin Monday! Fruit Buckwheat Muffins (Vegan?)(ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday! Bread Pudding Muffins
- Muffin Monday Banana Granola Chocolate Chip(ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday Almond Cranberry Muffins
- Muffin Monday Raisin Muffins
- Muffin Monday Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Almond Muffins
- Muffin Monday Date Zucchini Orange Muffins
- Banana Oat Muffins (lagrassrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Blackberry and apple crumble muffins (thegoodfoodtheory.com)
- Inside-Out Carrot Cake Muffins (zoomyummy.com)