Yeah, so I’m LATE again in posting my Muffin Monday post. And, yeah, this isn’t technically a muffin. But if once you (make and) taste this awesome Zucchini Cherry loaf you will totally forgive me.
- 2 cups Sugar
- 4 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 4 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice (you can use Cinnamon if you don’t have Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Oil
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla
- 3 cups Zucchini, grated
- 1 cup Cherries, chopped and pitted.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep 6 mini loaf pans (this recipe also make 24 med. muffins.)
2. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl crack the Eggs and slightly beat them. Add the Oil and Vanilla.
4. Combine the wet with the dry and stir until well mixed. The batter will be on the thick side.
5. Add the Zucchini and Cherries. (This will moisten up the batter considerably.)
6. Divide evenly into the mini loaf pans.
7. Bake for about 1 hour (for mini loaves) or 40 minutes (muffins).
8. Use the toothpick test to judge if the loaves / muffins are done. (I prefer a drier Zucchini bread.)
9. Let cool and enjoy.
Not only do these baked goods taste awesome, but they travel well and are perfect for shipping out to loved ones needing a little TLC from home. The fact that they use up 3 cups of grated Zuke is a total bonus. They are perfect for the squash you’ve left on the vine a bit too long. You know the one’s I’m talking about… the one’s that are roughly the size of small dog?
I’m waiting to get my reviews in from those darlings who received a package from me this week. But I’m confident these Loaves / Muffins will receive two, crumb covered, thumbs up.