Two of my favorite flavor profiles combine in these muffins.
- 2 1/2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal/ Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of All Spice
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (plus extra to top)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 18 muffin cups by spraying with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients.
3. Divide evenly into the muffin cups and top with a few extra chocolate chips.
4. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes until tops are golden brown and muffins pass the toothpick test.
5. Let cool a few minutes before enjoying.
My special guest tasters Margie and John like the texture and taste. But their purest pumpkin loving relatives strongly voiced a “no additives” opinion . (NOT EVEN CHOCOLATE! –what was I thinking?) My regular taster Bill, however, liked the combination of Chocolate and Pumpkin. He liked the crunchy top and moist middle, and happily ate a second. Both Margie and Bill commented that they didn’t miss the dairy.