Yeah… I’m running late. I blame Day Light Savings Time. 🙂 So with apologies for my tardiness I bring you the delightful…
Cherry Peach Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Oat Meal (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup Oat Bran
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup dried Cranberries (I used Craisns Pomegranates)
- 1 cup thawed Frozen Cherries
- 1 cup drained and chopped canned Peaches
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sugar to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prep 15 muffin cups by spraying with baking spray.
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
3. In a smaller bowl beat the Milk, Eggs and Oil.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until incorporated.
5. Gently fold in the Cranberries, Cherries and Peaches.
6. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
7. Sprinkle on the Garnish Sugar.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins pass the Toothpick Test.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
My tasters for this week were Bill and Andrew. (Thanks guys, I know it’s a burden). Bill really liked these muffins and said they were especially good warm and right out of the oven. Andrew enjoyed the combination of fruit inside and the crunchy top. I love the combo of Cherry and Peach.
I will say these are best consumed with in a day or two of baking, when the tops are still at their crunchy perfection. After that they get a bit moist (despite my adding — as noted — a 1/2 cup of flour to the source recipe.) So I would not recommend these as a “travel” muffin. Put them in the fridge if you aren’t going to finish them off after two days. I think they’ll freeze well too, when you are ready to eat ’em pop them back in the oven for 10 minutes.