- 2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup plain Yogurt
- 1/4 melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Chopped Cranberries
- 1 cup chopped Apple
- 1 cup choppedAlmonds
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare 18 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine Flour, Brown Sugar, Baking Powder, Ground Cinnamon, Salt, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and Baking Soda.
3. In a medium bowl beat the Eggs, combine the Yogurt, melted Butter and Vanilla.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5. Fold in the Cranberries, Apple and Almonds.
6. Divide batter evenly into the 18 muffin cups.
7. In a small bowl combine the TOPPING ingredients using a pasty blender or two forks.
8. Top the muffins with the Topping mix.
9. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until muffins pass the toothpick test.
These muffins were nice and moist, but not too dense. A smidgen on the sweet side because of the topping and the apples, but the fresh cranberries help bring them around with a kick of tartness.
- Muffin Monday: Apple Cranberry Walnut Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Pumpkin Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Cranberry Swirl Muffins (kinseycooks.com)
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins (mouthbrothels.wordpress.com)
- cranberry chocolate chip muffins (healthy) (myraandjimmycookandeat.wordpress.com)
- Cranberry Nut Bread (butterfliesandbrownies.wordpress.com)