WHO: Lady Sybil Crawley
FROM: Downton Abbey
BY: Julian Fellowes
PRODUCED: September 2010
PROS: Sweet, compassionate, adventurous, brave, unconventional, risk taking, forward thinking. Oh, and a great dresser.
CONS: Headstrong, occasionally rash.
BEST SHINING MOMENT: Hmmmm. Wearing “pants” to dinner? Learning how to bake from Daisy and Mrs. Patmore? Becoming a nurse during World War 1? She’s pretty awesome, it is tough to pick just one.
LEAST SHINING MOMENT: Heedlessly going to the political rally when Branson tries to warn her off. It’s a rash thing to do and both Branson and Matthew risk life and limb rescuing her.
WHY I CHOSE SYBIL: Mostly I chose Sybil because my daughter suggested her. But I quickly came around to the idea. I really liked the character. She is played by the beautiful (and breathy) Jessica Brown Findlay. If you like Downton and can’t wait for the next season to begin I strong suggest the HBO mini series Parade’s End which set in the same period, touches on many of the same themes, benefits from better writing and stars Benedict Cumberbatch.
- The Regal Legacy of Downton Abbey (aimeehanblog.wordpress.com)
- List of Downton Abbey characters (en.wikipedia.org)
- Downton Abbey (thehistoryundergrad.wordpress.com)
- Downton dresses fashion a glimpse of the past (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- “Downton Abbey,” How Could You!? (buzzfeed.com)
- Downton Abbey gets romantic: Tom Branson finds love with village girl as Lady Rose’s infatuation with Jack Ross continues (metro.co.uk)
Leave a Reply