You know what’s cool? When you really love something — like baking — and you love some people — like nieces — and those two things collide. I’ve known for sometime my niece Annie was a pretty amazing chef, but today I learned that Maggie L.’s creativity and talent extends to the kitchen.
Magz showed me how to make her Peanut Butter Cupcakes today.
While not strictly a candidate for MUFFIN Monday… I’m using my Blog-goddess “Do What the Heck I Want For FREE” card and putting this is in.
Thanks Maggie for guest blogging with me and sharing your awesome recipe!
- 1/3 package of White Cake Mix
- 1/3 package Chocolate Cake Mix
- Additional ingredients per back of Cake Mix box
- 2 dozen mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
1. Pre heat oven for 350 and line muffin tin with muffin pants.
Don’t spray the muffin pants
2. Follow the directions on the back of the boxes (but only use a third of the additional required ingredients for each box) (Directions and Additional Ingredients may vary for each type of cake).
3. Swirl the chocolate and vanilla batters to marble.
4. Divide the batter into 22 to 24 cupcake cups. (Maggie’s made 23 cupcakes).
5. Bake for 17 minutes until tops of the cupcakes are golden brown, and the cupcakes pass the toothpick test.
Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 2 minutes.
6. Using an APPLE CORER punch a hole about 1/2″ deep in the middle of each cupcake. Drop a mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup into the hole. The Chocolate of the Reese’s will melt into the cupcake.
7. Let the cupcakes cool completely as you make the frosting.
1 Cup melted Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
1 15 oz container of Butter Cream Icing (softened)
2 dashes of Milk or Half and Half
1 TBSP Butter
1 TBSP regular Peanut Butter
DIRECTIONS for FROSTING:
1. In a medium bowl cream the softened Butter Cream Icing. Slowly add the Melted Peanut Butter Chips.
2. Add the Milk one dash at a time until Frosting is smooth and easy to work with.
3. Add remaining frosting ingredients and mix completely. Frosting should be smooth.
4. Using a spatula or pastry bag top the cooled cupcake with frosting and enjoy!