I love when the fresh fruit comes in at the local farm stands. Here’s a recipe for some nectarine and plums that I picked up last week.
- 3/4 cup Almond Milk (or regular Skim Milk)
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 cup diced Nectarines
- 1/2 cup diced Plums
- 1/2 cup Granola
- 1/2 cup chopped Hazel Nuts
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare 12 muffin cups by spraying with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine Almond Milk, Butter, Egg, Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt.
3. Gently stir in the Nectarines, Plums, Granola and Hazel Nuts.
4. Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool and enjoy.
Taster Bill liked the tart/sweet combination but found these muffins a little to high on the dry spectrum. I like my muffins dry (OK I like my muffins just about any way they come, but I thought these were just fine. They are not nearly as dry as last week’s Date Granola Buffins) I also liked how these kind of reminded me of peach cake.
- Nectarine Streusel Muffins (bakermegs.wordpress.com)
- Almond Peach Muffins – I (hangrytales.com)
- Muffin Monday: Blueberry, Lemon, Zucchini (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Beet & Fennel Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Carrot Zucchini (plus a bonus muffin recipe) (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Bonus Blog – Maggie L’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes (ritalovestowrite.com)