My favorite day of the week… Muffin Monday.
Today I made some yummy Ginger Carrot Muffins. It’s a double batch because I’m sending some to Cincinnati and St. Mary’s for some college buddies of mine. (Lets see if they are paying attention to the blog and send me a reply!)
Can my Dairy Free ladies double-check the recipe and weigh in? I think I did OK here, but I always like to check with my experts.
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 4 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons Ground Ginger (powdered, not fresh)
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cup s Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups grated Carrots
- 2 cups grated Zucchini
- 3 tablespoons Rolled Oats
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
1. preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare the muffin cups by spraying with baking spray. This recipe actually made 28 muffins!
2. In a large bowl (I know I always say a LARGE bowl, but this time I mean it, OK?) combine the All-Purpose Flour, Whole-Wheat Pastry Flour, Rolled Oats, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon, and Ground Ginger.
3. In another large bowl combine the Almond Milk, Apple Sauce, Brown Sugar, Vegetable Oil, Eggs and Vanilla Extract.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. (Aren’t you glad you pulled out a large bowl?)
5. Add the Carrots and Zucchini.
6. Divide evenly into the muffin cups. TOP with topping.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until muffins pass the toothpick test.
8. Let cool 5 minutes before eating.
These muffins are wonderfully light and moist. They are not particularly sweet and the ginger/cinnamon combo gives them a nice kick without being overwhelming.
- Muffin Monday: Strawberry/Pineapple Jackie’s 9/9/13 DF (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Bonus Blog – Maggie L’s Peanut Butter Cupcakes (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Carrot Zucchini (plus a bonus muffin recipe) (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday (lymieeatingcoconut.wordpress.com)