Note to my vegan friends… as you’ll see pretty quickly from the ingredient list… these are not vegan. So be warned.
2 cups Whole-Wheat Flour
1/3 cup sugar
4 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 large Egg
3/4 Rice Milk
1/2 cup melted butter
1 teaspoon of Almond Extract
1 cup fresh Raspberries cut in half
1/2 cup Pecans
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees and prep 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Salt.
3. In a smaller bowl combine the Egg and Rice Milk.
4. Add the Egg/Milk to the dry.
5. Melt the Butter and let cool. Add the Almond Extract.
6. Add Butter / Almond Extract to batter.
7. Add the Raspberries and Pecans and mix.
8. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins pass the toothpick test.
10. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before eating.
You can really taste the butter in these muffins, and you wont need to give them an additional pat. However if you are looking to really boost the flavor, my tester Bill tried them with a bit goat cheese and found them super delicious.