My friend Kathy gave me this gem of a Vegan Banana Muffin recipe that I thought I’d pass along. (Thank’s Kathy!)
I like that you can add just about anything to the base recipe to create your own special version. Enjoy!
- 3 Mashed Bananas
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dates
- (You can also add Oatmeal, Chocolate Chips and Dried Cherries)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep 12 muffin cups with baking spray (I actually needed 13 so… bonus ME!)
2. In a large bowl mash the Bananas and mix with the Oil and Sugar.
3. Mix the Flour, Salt and Baking Soda in a separate bowl then add to Banana mixture.
4. Throw in your Add Ins (Cocoa Powder, Chopped Pecans, Raisins, and Chopped Dates for me) all at once and mix until well incorporated.
5. Divide evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes until the muffins pass the toothpick test.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
My delightful taster Maggie said these were “Delicious and the perfect combo of crunchy and soft. ” She also liked that they are booth sweet and healthy. They reminded her of banana bread.
May 20th, 2014 at 10:51 am
These sound and look so delicious!