September 26, 2014
Muffin “Monday”: Peanut Butter Muffins
- 4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 cup Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup Almond Butter
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 6 tablespoons Butter, melted
I discovered powdered peanut butter at my local grocery store. It is great for smoothies and baking, and has far less calories than traditional peanut butter.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep 18 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl mix the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt and Powdered Peanut Butter
3. Fold in the Almond Butter
4. In a smaller bowl mix together the Milk, Eggs and melted Butter.
5. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
6. Divide evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Bake for 25 minutes, until tops of muffins are golden brown and they pass the toothpick test.
8. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
These muffins were nice and dry (but not crumbly) so they travel well. I used them in two care packages and they seem to have made the journey through the post office well. (Those sauerkraut muffins from last time, did not make it in time, too moist.)
They pair perfectly with a touch of jelly or a bit of butter. My taster Maggie said that “They were the perfect bite size for breakfast.”