- 2 cups of White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon of Cardamon
- 1 stick of softened Butter
- 3/4 cups of Sugar (plus 2 tablespoon for topping)
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 cup Skim Milk
- 2 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 cup chopped Blackberries
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees. Prep 12 muffin cups (OK this took 12 regular cups plus one large cup… so BONUS muffin!)
2. In a large bowl stir the Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, and Cardamon together.
3. In a smaller bowl cream together the Butter and Sugar. Add the Eggs, and carefully add in the Milk and Almond Extract.
4. Combine the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until smooth.
5. Gently incorporate the Blackberries.
6. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Sprinkle with the additional sugar.
8. Bake for 25 minutes until tops are golden brown and muffins pass the toothpick test.
My crack team of tasters at dinner tonight really enjoyed these muffins when I brought them out for dessert. Gerri — who claimed she was too full to eat a whole muffin and asked for a half. Then she ate that and slyly went into the kitchen and got the second half.
Mikey proclaimed that “the moisture level was just right and the sugar on top was a nice counter balance to the tartness of the berries.” He also liked the balance of sweet, sour and spice with the cardamon.
Bill summed it up with “Yummy…”