Running a little late in posting my Muffin “Monday” blog. I picked up some voice students and wanted to share the muffin lovin’ with some friends at the studio. Here goes…
- 1¼ c. Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ c. + 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 2 large Bananas mashed
- ¼ c. (4 tbsp.) Butter melted
- ¼ c. Buttermilk
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Almond Extract
- 3/4 c. diced Strawberries
- 1/2 c. sliced Almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep muffin cups spray.
- In a large size bowl, combine together Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together Sugar and Butter. Add Egg.
- Mash Bananas on a plate using a fork. Add Bananas to the Butter-Sugar mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the Buttermilk and Almond Extract.
- Add the diced Strawberries.
- Add the wet to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in Almond slices.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- Bake for approximately 23-26 minutes, until muffins are golden brown and pass the toothpick test.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then transfer muffins onto wire rack to cool completely.
I was worried that these would be too moist. (The batter was very moist.) But they turned out great. I think letting them finish on a rack (verses in the baking cups) helped, so definitely do that.
Kathy, one of my new testers, really loved these. I believe her reaction was “amazing.” I’ll take that. 🙂 Bill really liked them too. So I guess this recipe will go in the cook book.
Give them a try and let me know what you think.