- 2 cups grated Unpeeled Apples
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/c cup Slivered Almonds
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk (or 1% Milk)
- 1 stick softened Butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 18 muffin cups by spraying with cooking spray.
2. Grate the Apples (I used a food processor, and it took 2 1/2 apples to get the 2 cups needed for this recipe — but this will vary depending on the size of your apples.)
3. Combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger and Almonds in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
4. In a second bow combine the Sugar, Eggs, Almond Milk and Butter.
5. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry to make the muffin batter.
6. Add the grated Apples.
7. Divide batter evenly into the 18 muffin cups. Using the back of a wet spoon smooth out the tops of the muffins.
8. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until muffins are golden brown and pass the toothpick test.
9. Cool for 5 minutes before enjoying.
I like that these muffins are on the dryer side. They’ll ship well (if I can ever get to the post office through all this snow.) They are a nice texture and just the right mix of sweet and spice.