- 1 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 1/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 2/3 cup Pomegranates
- 2/3 cup Slivered Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 12 muffin cups with baking spray.
2. Put Almond Milk into the measuring cup and add the Apple Cider Vinegar. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Cornstarch, Salt, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Chia Seeds, and Sugar.
4. Add Applesauce to the Almond Milk and stir.
5. Add the wet to the dry and mix until incorporated.
6. Fold in the Pomegranates and Almonds.
7. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until muffins pass the tooth pick test. Let stand for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
These muffins a super flavorful and yummy. I loved the pop of the Pomegranate and the crunch of the Chia Seeds and Almond. The spices definitely give these muffins the taste of a warm mug of Chia Tea on a cold winter morning. Taster Kathy thought they were delicious. She gave them thumbs up for being unusual and added that she loved them. (Me too!)