I love how certain foods cost next to nothing certain times of the year… That’s the case for Sweet Potatoes or Yams around Thanksgiving. So I picked up a few for today’s blog post.
Mashed Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Cooking Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 4 cups mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 cup finely chopped Fennel
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 teaspoons ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare muffin cups with baking spray. (I did 18 muffins)
2. In a large bowl combine Brown Sugar, Cooking OIl, Vanilla Extract and Eggs.
3. Mix in the Sweet Potato and Fennel.
4. In a smaller bowl stir together the Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Salt.
5. Mix in the dry with the wet a little at a time until it completely combined.
6. Divide the batter evenly into 18 muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins pass the toothpick test.
7. Remove muffins from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
These muffins are delightfully moist, almost to the point of being creamy. Taster Bill called them “delicious and addictive.”
I think they’d be the perfect solution for left over Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes.
Just in time for Thanksgiving (or Thanksgiving leftovers)!
- Muffin Monday: Apple Zucchini Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Pumpkin Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Apple Cranberry Walnut Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday: Hearty Harvest Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Seasonal Muffins for Monday (livingleen.wordpress.com)
- Monday Morning Miscellany & Muffins (colludo.ca)