Squeezing Muffin Monday in under the wire again this week. Darn that LIFE. Doesn’t it know I’ve got blogging to do?
Enjoy the muffins…
Hearty Harvest Muffins
- 2 tsp softened Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Apple Cider
- 2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Zucchini
- 1 Cup grated Apple
- 1 cup grated Carrots
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup roughly chopped Pecans
1. Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin cups. This recipe makes 18 large muffins.
2. In a large bowl mix the Butter and Brown Sugar.
3. In a liquid measuring cup beat the eggs. Then add them to the Butter and Sugar.
4. Add the Milk , Apple Cider and Vanilla to the wet ingredients.
5. In a smaller bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Ginger and Nutmeg.
6. Mix the dry ingredients in with the wet to form the base batter.
7. Add the Zucchini, Apple, Carrot, Chocolate Chips and Pecans and stir gently until incorporated.
8. Divide evenly into 18 muffin cups.
9. Bake in hot oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown at the top. Muffins should pass the toothpick test.
10. Let cool a few minutes before enjoying.
The apples and apple cider in this recipe are from Manor Produce in Monkton, Maryland. But instead of picking them up at the Farmer’s Market I got these at the Hereford Fall Festival. You can find out more about them at http://www.manorproduce.com
I think I’m going to brave a pumpkin from Manor Produce next week. I’ve a hankering for some pumpkin muffins. Hmmm I’ll have to see how the spirit moves me.
As for today’s muffins… Well, what do you think?
- Muffin Monday: Apple Zucchini Muffins (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Healthy Pumpkin Carrot Apple Muffins (celebratingsweets.wordpress.com)
- Butternut Squash Muffins (bakingfanatic.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)
- Cappuccino-chocolate Chunk Muffin Mix Recipe (kraftrecipes.com)