3 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Buck Wheat Flour
3 tablespoons Wheat Bran
1 1/3 cups Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons of Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
2 teaspoons Lemon or Orange Peel
2 cups chopped fresh Cranberries
1 1/3 cup Almond Milk
1/2 cup melted Butter
1 tablespoon Hazelnut Syrup (or Almond Extract)
2 large Eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, and prep muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Chop the fresh Cranberries and put in a bowl of cold water. [This causes the tiny seeds to sink to the bottom and the fruit to float to the top. Use your fingers to swish around the fruit to dislodge any stuborn seeds. Then use a slotted spoon to scoop off the fruit. Opt: strain the juice, add a teaspoon of sugar and ice for a Cranberry cocktail. Discard the seeds.]
3. In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients … Whole Wheat Flour, Buck Wheat Flour, Wheat Bran, Brown Sugar, Salt, Cinnamon, Ginger, and Lemon Peel.
4. Gently stir in the Cranberries. Set aside.
5. In a smaller bowl combine the Milk, Melted Butter, Hazelnut Syrup and Eggs.
6. Mix the liquid ingredients into the dry and mix well.
7. Fill the muffin cups (but don’t over fill them).
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins pass the toothpick test. Let cool a few minutes before removing from muffin cups.