Welcome to another edition of Farm Fresh Challenge! Today I’m combining a couple of boxes for CHOPPED PARKTON, because I had left overs from last week.
FROM the Box:
- TOMATOES 10 Yellow cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- FENNEL 1 heart and frond diced (about 1 cup)
- PAC CHOI 5 baby Pac Choi chopped(about 1 cup)
- TURNIP 5 medium to small diced (about 1 cup)
- NAPA CABBAGE
FROM the Fridge:
- Onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- Carrots (1 cup)
- 1 tbls olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 cup of previously cooked protein finely chopped (I used left over ham and bacon)
1. Place cabbage in a large bowl if very hot water.
2. Place olive oil in a large pan or wok. Cook veggies with soy sauce until they are softened and reduced in size . The turnips are a good gauge. About 20 min.
3. Add protein and cook an additional 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Roll about 2 tablespoons of vegetable filling in each leaf of cabbage.
- Farm Fresh Challenge: Turnip, Potato, Tomato Stew (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Eating Local Makes You Happy (thecrossfight.wordpress.com)
- Fennel frond pesto (ryansb90.wordpress.com)
October 13th, 2013 at 12:32 pm
This looks so good–now I have to try it this week. I never thought of bacon.