Welcome back for another edition of Muffin Monday. This one goes out to one of my college buddies and occasional baking mates Jackie. (Hence the name.) I think it is dairy free. (Anybody want to double-check me on that?)
1 cup dehydrated Pineapples
1 cup hot Water
1 cup Strawberries
1 1/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
3 cups flour ( I used a mix of whole grain pastry flour and all-purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare muffin cups by spraying with cooking spray. Set aside. This recipe made 18 muffins.
2. Combine the Pineapple chunks and HOT Water in a small bow and let sit for 5 minutes to soften. Drain.
3. Slice up Strawberries. Put the Strawberries and Pineapple chunks in a bl and puree.
4. Put the puree in a large bowl . Add the sugar, oil and eggs and mix.
5. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients (stir well.)
6. Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until moistened.
7. Divide into 18 muffin cups. Bake for 15 minutes or until the pass the toothpick test. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 5 minutes.
Here’s what the muffins looked like before going into the oven:
… and after baking:
I made these muffins this morning, so all my reviewers are either at work or off to college. Although I suspect Jackie (and perhaps a few of her friends — depending on how generous she feels) might leave a review in a few days, for now you’ll have to take my word for it… These are lovely. Granted I’ve never met a muffin I didn’t like, so… there’s THAT. But these are sweet and fruity and the tops are crunchy. Light and dry enough not lose their bloom in the box as they make their way from here to a certain big town University to the north via USPS.