2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
2/3 cups Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Slivered Almonds
3/4 cup Currants
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 12 muffin cups with baking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, and Salt.
3. In a large measuring cup combine Vegetable Oil, Milk and Vanilla Extract.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir until well incorporated.
5. Add the Almonds and Currants.
6. Divide evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes until muffins pass the tooth pick test.
8. Cool on a wire rack.
I have a friend who is trying to follow a Vegan diet, so I wanted to do a few more Vegan friendly recipes. I think this one works. I hope my Vegan readers will let me know if I missed anything!
I wasn’t sure what I wanted to put in these muffins, but I had the currants left over from some Irish Soda Bread and I thought… why not? They are really nice with the almond (which is another left over ingredient.) Hope you like them!