Blueberry, Carrot, Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 1 Egg White
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 3/4 cup Blue Berries
- 1/2 cup grated Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep 12 muffin cups by spraying with baking spray.
2. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients; Oatmeal, Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder and Milk.
3. In a medium bowl stir together the Milk, Egg White, and Yogurt..
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix.
5. Fold in the Blueberries and Carrots.
6. Divide evenly into the muffin cups.
7. In a small bowl stir the Sugar and Cinnamon together. Sprinkle on top the muffins.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Muffins are done when the tops turn golden brown and they pass the toothpick test.
9. Cool for 5 minutes before eating.
These are nice and moist. They are sweet from the Blueberries and the sugar, but hearty from the carrots and the oatmeal. Its a nice combination.