Chaos at the ritaLOVEStoWIRTE test kitchen “studio” this week prevented my taking a “box shot” of our CSA goodies so I took a shot of the pertinent ingredients instead.
From the box:
- 10 small to medium Potatoes
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped Purple Basil
- From the Pantry:
- 1 Leak sliced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- Dash of Olive Oil
- 1/2 pound protein (I used sausage) COOKED and sliced
- Garlic Salt, Salt, Pepper to taste
1. In a large pot bring 5 cups of water to boil. add the Potatoes and cook until tender (about 5 minutes). Add the sliced Leaks and cook an addition 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Add oil to the pot and put in the protein. Cook for 3 minutes (The protein needs to be pre-cooked == some might cal it “left over.” So you just need to heat it through for this recipe.) Add the Stock. Add the Tomatoes, Garlic Salt, Salt and Pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Put the Potatoes and Leaks back into the pot and stir. Allow several minutes for the Potatoes to reheat.
4. Plate and enjoy.