Almond Cranberry Muffins (Dairy Free?)
I had to suggestions for this week’s Muffin Monday blog — something with Cranberries and something Dairy Free. I think I achieved both goals with these yummy Almond Cranberry Muffins. [Will my DF eaters double check me, please?]
- 1 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Almond Meal or Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 tsp JUST WHITES (or 2 eggs)
- 1/4 c Water (don’t add this water if you use eggs)
- 1 tsp Vanilla or Almond Extract
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2/3 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Chopped Dry Dates
- 1 cup of Boiling Water
Step One: Put the cranberries and dates in the boiling water and stir. Let sit for 5 minutes to plump then drain. (You can reserve the cranberry juice add another cup of cold water and drink it. )
Step Two: Pre-heat the oven to 350 F. Put muffin pants into the muffin tin and spray lightly.
Step Three: Mix the flour, almond meal, baking powder, salt and Just Whites in a medium-sized bowl
Step Four: Mix the 1/4 cup of water, the extract, the cooking oil, and the maple syrup in a small bowl (or measuring cup large enough to handle it)
Step Five: Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Don’t over mix.
Step Six: Add the drained Cranberry and Date mixture.
Step Seven: Spoon into the muffin tin.
Step Eight: Bake for 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown at the top and they pass the toothpick test. Cool for 10 minutes before eating.
This recipe made 9 muffins.
Chocolate Cranberry Muffins
For those of you who like a little Chocolate just change the top two ingredients…
- 1 1/2 cup of White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
Follow the recipe above.
These muffins had a perfect flaky consistency and moisture content. Although usually a Chocolate girl myself, I actually prefered the almond version a bit more. But both were delicious. Enjoy!
- Muffin Monday! Fruit Buckwheat Muffins (Vegan?) (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Muffin Monday! Raisin Muffins (ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)
- Muffin Monday! Chocolate Zucchini Muffins (ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)
- Muffin Monday! Date Zucchini Orange (ritaLOVEStoWRITE.com)
More I want to try:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Nut Muffins (createwholehealth.com)
- Almond Meal Banana Protein Muffins (stayinghealthywhenhungerstrikes.wordpress.com)