2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 cup softened Butter
1/2 cup Stevia (Sugar substitute)
1 tablespoon Orange Peel
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
8 oz crushed Pineapple (plus 2 slices of Pineapple divided into eighths — 16 pieces)
1 cup chopped Figs
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare 6 large muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl coming the butter, sugar, egg, orange peel, and lemon juice.
4. In the bowl of a blender put the Pineapple and blend until crushed. Add the other liquid ingredients and pulse.
5. Add the liquid to the dry and stir until well mixed.
6. Divide evenly into 6 super-sized muffin cups.
7. Top with the segmented Pineapple.
8. Bake for 30 minutes until muffin are golden brown and they pass the toothpick test.
9. Let the muffins cool 5 minutes before enjoying.
These are nice and fluffy and super tasty.