BLOGGER’S NOTE: Did I not hit the Publish button? What? What did you all do with out your Muffin Monday fix. So sorry. I didn’t notice the mistake until I logged on this morning to write today’s entry. Here you go…
The inspiration for these muffins comes from my childhood. My mom used to make something like these as a treat. I’ve upped the whole grain factor by including Whole Wheat Flour and Wheat Bran
1 cup White Flour
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3 tablespoons Wheat Bran
6 tablespoons melted Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
1 cup grated Zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 12 muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl combine the White Flour, Whole Wheat Flour, Baking Powder, Salt and Wheat Bran.
3. In a large bowl Melt Butter.
4. Add Sugar to melted butter. Mix well.
5. Beat in Eggs and add Milk and Almond Extract.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
7. Gently stir the Zucchini in .
8. Fill each of the 12 muffin cups HALF WAY with batter.
9. Place a heaping teaspoon of Jelly in the center of 6 of the muffins and Preserves in the centers of the other 6 muffins.
10. Top off the muffins with remaining batter. Make sure your completely cover the Jelly or Preserves.
11. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown. The muffins should pass the toothpick test.
12. Let these muffins cool COMPLETELY before eating. The Jelly can be really hot!