[Blogger’s note: I’m reloading this post since it was up briefly yesterday, but seems to have gone AWOL mysteriously today. OOOPS. ]
We are 11 weeks into our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) adventure with Calvert’s Gifts Farm.
I made some slow cooked pulled pork bbq for dinner and thought a nice potato salad would be just thing for this week’s entry in…
In the box:
- 6 medium Colorado Rose Potatoes
- 1/2 medium Onion (from a previous box)
- 1/2 garlic (3 cloves)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 sweet red peppers
From the Pantry:
- 1 Peach
- 2 slices of cooked Turkey Bacon
- 1 TBLS Butter
- 1 TBLS Olive Oil
- 1/4 Mayonaise
1. Peal and cube the potatoes. Boil them until a fork pierces a potato cube with ease. Colorado Rose Potatoes are on the tender side. It didn’t take long for them to cook.
2. Peal and chop the onion. Peal and mince the garlic.
3. When the potatoes are ready… drain them and set aside.
4. Using the same pot add the butter and brown the onion and garlic.
5. Wash the Cherry Tomatoes and cut into equal sized pieces (1/2″ pieces.)
6. Wash, slice and de-seed the peppers. Grill on at hot grill (I used our Foreman Grill) for 5 minutes. Remove, let cool, then finely dice into small piece.
7. Peal the peach and chop into 1/2″ pieces.
8. When the Onion and Garlic are browned add the Potatoes, Tomatoes and Peaches and the 1TLBS of Olive Oil.
9. Dice up you pre-cooked Turkey Bacon into bacon bits.
10. Add the diced Sweet Pepper and Bacon.
11. Carefully fold in the Mayonaise.
12. Salt and Pepper to tase.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
My family gave this recipe two thumbs up. Bill said it reminded him of his mother’s potato salad. High praise, indeed. Maggie, ever sarcastic, added that it reminded her of HER mother’s potato salad. So why not give it a try and see if it reminds you of YOUR mother’s potato salad.
Cheers, Rita (aka Maggie’s mom)
- Farm Fresh Potato Salad – CSA Week 7 (huggingtreesandshellingpeas.com)
- Potato salad for the mayo haters and colour seekers (tryingtohomemake.wordpress.com)
- Mock Potato Salad (aka Cauliflower Salad) (flab2finfab.wordpress.com)
- Farmer’s Market Potato Salad (vegantripper.wordpress.com)
- Farm Fresh Challenge: Hot Potato Salad Entree (ritalovestowrite.com)