Thanks to Random Dorkness who has nominated ritaLOVEStoWRITE for the Leibster Award.
The award is a “blogger to blogger award” that both allows us to show our appreciation to other worthy bloggers and lets us get to know some one new.
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things About Me:
- I’m a wife, mother and dog owner who lives in Northern Baltimore County, Maryland, USA
- I’m a writer and graphic designer.
- I support the ARTS.
- I like all the colors in the crayon box, but the color that likes me best is probably dark red. However, given a choice, the color I wear the most is black.
- I need to clean my office and walk the dog.
- I like an eclectic range of music (as you probably have guessed from my blog posts.)
- Jane Austen IS my homegirl.
- I am surprised when people don’t know who Jane Austen is. Just as they are surprised that I like to read novels by a 200 year old author.
- I love to bake and am seriously thinking of making Mondays “Muffin Mondays” where I post a muffin recipe, make the recipe, and show the results. I might even SHARE the results. What do you think?
- I sing, play guitar and bass guitar (acoustic) and do a little song writing.
- My goal for this blog is to do at least one post entry every day for a year. I started in late May 20112 and I haven’t missed a day… YET!
Answers to Random Dorkness‘ 11 Questions:
1. What is the answer to the great question of Life, the Universe, and Everything? Well, since it IS Douglas Adams’ birthday I’m going with “42”.
2. In your opinion, is the climbing hydrangea or the bougainvillea more evil? Bougainvillea, because you can spell ” Big evil” with letters if you mix them up (and leave out a bunch.
3. Can you hula-hoop? Not really. But I can on the Wii Fit, does that count?
4. Even if you could hula-hoop, why the heck would you want to? To obtain a rockin’ mid section, and gain Wii points.I also like the sound of the marble going around the hoop.
5. What’s the magic word? Well, in my house it’s “Please.” Of course the magic phrase is “Thank you.”
6. Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, or Spock? SPOCK.
7. What sort of punishment should a blogger be subjected to, who recycles his or her old ideas and just hopes against hope that no one will notice? Wait… you can do that??? I’ve got to get in on the game. I don’t know… Make them read their own boring stuff?
8. If I gave you a bucket of water balloons and let you loose, who would you splosh first, and why? Is it a hot day outside? Hmmm my friends. To cool them off.
9. What is the first thing that pops into your head when you cross your eyes, stick out your tongue, and hop up and down on one foot? “Do not bite tongue!”
10. What is your superpower? I hope it is finding the good in people/things/life. And I hope everyone knows that they have that power inside them and that they just need to ignore the Kryptonite of negativity around us and use it to make our lives (and the world) a little bit better. 11. Do you have a secret identity? I can’t tell you. Its a SECRET.
The 11 Blogs I’ve picked to Nominate (in no particular order):
- Kate Shrewsday
- Lynn Reynolds
- Bell Grove Plantation
- Peter Galan Massey
- Writer Vs. the World
- The Roaming Gastronome
- J.G. Burdette
- retireediary (photo challenge of the week)
- Seth Snap