- 1 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 cup regular Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Skim Milk
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and Prep the 13 medium-sized muffin cups
2. In a large bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder and Sugar.
3. In a microwaveable measuring cup melt the Butter.
4. Add the Milk to the Butter, then add the Egg.
5. Mix the wet into the dry and stir until combined.
6. Fold in the Strawberries and Pecans.
7. Divide evenly into the baking cups.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Muffins are done when they pass the toothpick test.
9. Cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.
These muffins are moist and don’t keep long in a hot summer kitchen so eat them with in a few days of baking (or freeze). I would have liked a crunchier top to these muffins. Next time I make them I might pull back on the milk a bit.
They went over well with my family. The Buckwheat gives them a hardy, earthy flavor, and the Strawberries give them a kiss of sweetness and freshness.
These muffins are NOT Vegan.