You didn’t think I’d leave you hanging, just because we’ve started the Summer Writing Challenge did you? We writers need our muffins too, am I right?
- 3/4 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 Banana
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar (Vegan Sugar if you’ve got it)
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Almond Slivers
- 1/c cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 and prep 12 muffin cups by spraying with baking spray.
2. In a BLENDER process the Blueberries and Banana into a slurry. Add the Apple Cider Vinegar, Maple Syrup, Vanilla Extract and Vegetable Oil.
3. In a large bowl mix together the Whole Wheat Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Sea Salt and Baking Soda.
4. Combing the wet with the dry and mix well.
5. Fold in the Almond Slivers and Dark Chocolate Chips.
6. Divide evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes. Muffins are done when they pass the toothpick test.
7. Remove muffins from oven and cool 10 minutes. Enjoy.
This recipe made 12 pretty good-sized muffins. I think a nice twist on this recipe would be to switch WHITE choc. chips for the dark choc.
My taster Maggie thought these were “Delicious” just as there were. She liked the chocolate the best.
We both thought the banana overwhelmed the blueberry, which was a smidgen disappointing given the fact that “banana” didn’t even make it into my title! Next time I make this recipe I think I’ll pump up the blueberries (to one cup.)
Happy baking. Cheers,