1 C dehydrated Goji Berries
2 Tablespoons Hot Water
2 C White Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 C Sugar (Vegan)
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon Salt
4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
3 Tablespoons Wheat Germ
1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
1/2 C Vegetable Oil
1 1/2 C Coconut Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Prep 8 large muffin cups (or 12 regular muffin cups) with cooking spray.
2. in a small bowl place the dehydrated Goji Berries and the Hot Water and let soak.
3. Mix the Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Salt, Cocoa Powder, Wheat Germ and Sunflower Seeds in a large bowl.
4. In a large measuring cup combine the Vegetable Oil, Coconut MIlk and Vanilla Extract.
5. Combine the liquid and the dry and mix until well incorporated.
6. Drain the Goji Berries and add to the batter.
7. Divide evenly into the muffin cups and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until muffins pass the toothpick test.
Let cool 5 minutes before enjoying.
No one is around to taste test so you’ll have to take my word for it… these are good. You get the crunch from the sesame and there is a nice brightness from the goji. I like ’em.