Our weekly bounty from Calverts Gift Farm is coming to a close. My pick up yesterday was the penultimate box. Soon I shall have to re-acquaint myself with the produce aisle at the grocery store and Chopped Parkton will be a thing of the past. But today is not that day. Today I make Sweet Potato and Leeks!
From the Box:
- Three cups of chopped Sweet Potatoes (about a half-inch )
- One Leek (diced fine)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (diced fine)
- 2 Mushrooms (diced fine) (from previous box)
From the Pantry:
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Water to boil the Sweet Potatoes
1. Put the Sweet Potatoes in a large pot and cover with 2″ of water. Bring to a steady boil. Continue to cook until Sweet Potatoes are soft. Drain in a colander and set aside.
2. In the same pot add the Butter and put back on the stove. Once Butter is melted added the diced Leek and Garlic. Saute until the Leak is translucent.
3. Add the Mushrooms and cook until they are soft. Add the Sweet Potatoes back into the pot and toss. Season to taste.
If you think Sweet Potatoes should be whipped up and served with mini marshmallows just move along, this isn’t the dish you’re looking for.
- Smoky Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili (drinkthepink.wordpress.com)
- The Farm Stand: How to Cook Sweet Potatoes (thedailysouth.southernliving.com)
- Sweet Potato & Carrot Soup (capturesunshine.wordpress.com)
- Lunch in a Flash: Savory Sweet Potato (inspiredhealthyorganized.wordpress.com)